Aubameyang slams media for Real Madrid rumours

Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has taken to social media to rant at the media who he claims has twisted his words about joining La Liga giants Real Madrid.

The Gabon international finished the 2015-16 season with 39 goals to take his tally with Dortmund to 54 goals in 94 appearances, and has been the subject of transfer speculation all summer.

Having revealed in an interview last year that he made a promise to his late grandfather — a Real Madrid fan — that he will play in Spain one day, a move to the Bernabeu has been rumoured to be on the cards. Naija and Bet

He did not help matters when he told ZDF, that the only club he will leave Dortmund for is Madrid, and that if they “don’t come calling, I don’t leave.”

Things took a different direction when Aubameyang came out on social media and claimed that the media “transformed his words.”

Continue reading Aubameyang slams media for Real Madrid rumours

Conte want me to come to Chelsea – Carlos Tevez

Argentina forward Carlos Tevez revealed that new Chelsea boss Antonio Conte tried to convince him to join the London club.

Tevez, 32, has been pondering retirement from the game after Boca Juniors were ousted from the Copa Libertadores semifinals by Independiente del Valle a fortnight ago, but has since decided to continue playing for the club.

He has had offers from a couple of clubs including West Ham United, Brazilian team Corinthians, and also Chelsea.

The former Juventus forward received a call from Conte, but rejected the former Italy coach’s advances, electing to stay in Argentina.

“After the loss [to Independiente] we had two days off. I was shaken, like everyone at home. I returned to training and I said ‘That’s it, it’s passed’,” Tevez said.

Continue reading Conte want me to come to Chelsea – Carlos Tevez

OFFICIAL: Mascherano staying at Barcelona

Barcelona have announced they have reached an agreement with Javier Mascherano over a new and improved three-year deal.

The Argentina international had been linked with a switch to Juventus, who have already signed full-back Dani Alves from Barca in the close season.

However, director of institutional relations Albert Soler has confirmed that Mascherano has pledged his future to the club he joined from Liverpool in 2010.

“We don’t have to talk about him,” he said. “The club announces that we have reached an agreement to improve his contract in the next three seasons with a better one.

“It was one of the issues that we had left.”

The announcement was made as Barca presented midfielder Andre Gomes, who has joined from Valencia on a five-year deal for a fee that could rise to as high as €70million, depending on bonuses.

Juventus hands Higuain No.9 shirt


The former Napoli striker became the third most expensive signing of all time when he was officially confirmed as a Juve player on Tuesday and has been presented to the club’s fan

New Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain has been handed the No.9 shirt for the 2016-17 campaign.

Higuain, who joined the Serie A champions in a €90 million deal to become the third most expensive transfer in football history, has been presented to the club’s supporters after successfully completing a medical.

And the former Napoli forward has been pictured holding aloft his No.9 shirt, having been given a hero’s welcome by Juve fans, with the number previously worn by the likes of Alvaro Morata, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Salas

Kante will have to fight for selection – Conte

The arrival of French midfielder N’Golo Kante during the close season has given new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte a welcome selection headache in midfield.

Kante, who joined from Leicester City, is Conte’s second signing of the close season and has brought additional quality to a midfield, which includes the likes of Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fabregas and Oscar.

“N’Golo is an important player and for this reason we bought him. I can’t wait to transfer my idea of football to him and find a different solution,” the Italian told the club’s website.

“The players in a great team like Chelsea must know there are many players that can play. It’s important for me to have a good choice to try the best solution game by game.”

Chelsea have no intention of selling Matic with Conte insisting the 27-year-old is very much part of his plans for the new season.

Continue reading Kante will have to fight for selection – Conte

Five most expensive transfers in Europe

Five most expensive transfers after Italian champions Juventus splashed out 90 million euros ($98.8m, £75.3m) to prise Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain away from Napoli on Tuesday…

Gareth Bale (WAL) Spurs to Real Madrid £85.1m 2013

Welsh forward whose performances for an attractive Spurs side launched Real into a massive bid. The English side could not refuse such advances and let their star man go. He has built on his career at the Santiago Bernabeu with two Champions League titles, scoring in the final of the first of the two against Atletico Madrid. His experience in La Liga helped him lead Wales in their memorable run to the Euro 2016 semi-finals. Bale also scored a stunning winner in the Copa del Rey final against Real’s arch rivals Barcelona in 2014.

Cristiano Ronaldo (POR) Manchester United to Real Madrid £83.7m 2009

Continue reading Five most expensive transfers in Europe

PSG sign new deal with Argentine teen

Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday completed the signing of Argentine teenager Giovani Lo Celso from Rosario Central, the French champions announced.

Lo Celso has penned a five-year deal with PSG, but the 19-year-old midfielder will remain with Rosario until the end of 2016.

The left-footed Lo Celso can play both through the middle and out wide in an attacking midfield role and has been picked to represent Argentina at next month’s Rio Olympics.

He is PSG’s fourth signing ahead of the new season following the arrivals of Hatem Ben Arfa, Grzegorz Krychowiak and Thomas Meunier.

Sakho sent home early by Klopp

French international defender Mamadou Sakho’s future at Liverpool may be in some doubt after he came home early from the club’s tour of the United States on the orders of manager Jurgen Klopp.

The 26-year-old, who missed the Europa League final as he was serving a doping suspension and was then omitted from France’s Euro 2016 squad, is ostensibly returning for more treatment on a troublesome Achilles injury.

However, report  claims that Klopp took the decision after Sakho – who cost Liverpool £18million in 2013 – turned up late for the club’s flight to the USA and then interrupted the German during an interview performed during a tour of the infamous Alcatraz Island prison.

In the video Sakho interrupts Klopp and asks: “How long do you think you can live here?”

Klopp gives him short shrift.

“I don’t have to think about that – you should. Only one of us turned up late for departure from Liverpool. It was you.”

Lylon rejected Arsenal bid for their top striker

French club Lyon said Tuesday they had rejected a 35-million-euro (£29 million, $39 million) bid from Arsenal for star striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Lyon called the 25-year-old, who has long been linked with a move to the Premier League having scored 48 goals over the last two seasons, “irreplacable” and said he would not be sold. Naijabet

In May, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said the club had dismissed a 40-million-euro offer from West Ham United for the prolific French international.

Everton will need more time under Koeman

Everton will need time to familiarise themselves with new manager Ronald Koeman’s style of play after the Dutchman replaced Roberto Martinez in the close season, right back Seamus Coleman has said.

Martinez’s three-year tenure at the Merseyside club was brought to an end in May after the Spaniard oversaw a disastrous campaign at Goodison Park, leading Everton to 11th in the Premier League, their lowest finish in the last nine seasons.

“Every manager is different and I wouldn’t say there’s any right or wrong but when you play in a regime for a certain amount of time you will pick up habits that stick for a little while,” Coleman told British media.

“I’m sure this manager now will be wanting to get his good habits into us and we’ll have to forget some of the others that we had. That’s part and parcel of changing managers.

“I’ve only been back a week and I’m still coming to terms with what he (Koeman) wants and what he doesn’t want but you can definitely see that… he’s not afraid to mix it up.”

Continue reading Everton will need more time under Koeman