Hello people! Welcome to Sportskeeda’s latest transfer news and rumours roundup. With the focus now shifting to the World Cup, top clubs have begun their work on the transfer front.
And as always, there are stories which will have huge repercussions on the transfer market. After scorching through papers and sources from all over Europe, we have managed to find transfer stories that made headlines on July 3, 2018:
Chelsea name Willian price
FC Barcelona have made their interest known in the Chelsea winger. Now, Mundo Deportivo has claimed that Chelsea have put a price tag of €80 million on the head of the Brazilian. The Blues consider Willian as a key member of their post-Conte era and are looking to keep a hold of him.
But it is also reported that Willian has had his head turned due to Barcelona’s interest. He had once said that playing for a club like FC Barcelona would be a dream. Also, the presence of Coutinho and Paulinho in the Barcelona squad has made the winger sure about taking a move to Spain.
Willian was Chelsea’s best player last season in which he scored 13 goals and produced 12 assists. He caught Barcelona’s interest during an impressive display against them in the first leg of the pre-quarterfinals of the Champions League. The Brazilian had scored a stunning goal in that game.
Riyad Mahrez on his way to Manchester City
Sky Sports have revealed that Riyad Mahrez will be a Manchester City player by the end of the week. It is reported that all the negotiations between the two clubs have been agreed upon with Leicester City set to receive £60 million for the winger.
Mahrez has been a long-term target for Pep Guardiola. City had numerous bids rejected for the Algerian this January despite the player submitting a transfer request. Mahrez scored 13 goals in all competitions last season and was an integral member of the Leicester setup since his move from France.
Morata-Higuain swap deal gathering pace
According to Gazzetta Dello Sport, Chelsea and Juventus are looking to initiate talks for a direct swap deal between Alvaro Morata and Gonzalo Higuain. It is believed that soon-to-be Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is keen on landing Higuain and rates the Argentine very highly.
Meanwhile, Juventus are more than happy to welcome back Morata to Turin. Both the strikers are valued in the region of €60-70 million. Along with Higuain, Chelsea are also interested in Juventus’ Daniele Rugani.
No offers yet for Mauro Icardi
Inter Milan chief executive Alessandro Antonello has revealed that Mauro Icardi has not received any offers for a move away from the San Siro. After scoring 29 Serie A goals last season, Icardi has been on the radar of Real Madrid and Juventus.
But Antonello was quoted by Goal as saying, “Icardi is the captain of Inter and there’s a contract in place. Offers? So far none have arrived.”
Niko Kovac confident over Robert Lewandowski’s future
The new Bayern Munich boss Niko Kovac has maintained the club’s stance that Robert Lewandowski will not be allowed to leave the club this summer. The Polish striker has been looking for a move away from the Bundesliga and has been linked to the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid.
But Kovac told the Daily Star, “Nothing new about Robert Lewandowski. He is a great player, a world-class striker who has done a lot for the club and will do a lot in the future. I called him and gave him my point of view. I look forward to having him in the team.”
Huddersfield Town targeting Marvin Plattenhardt
The Mirror reports that Huddersfield Town are preparing a move for Hertha Berlin fullback Marvin Plattenhardt. The Terriers’ move for Erik Durm has reportedly hit a roadblock which is why David Wagner has shifted his focus to Plattenhardt. The left-back recently represented Germany in the World Cup and is also a transfer target for Everton and Bournemouth.
FC Barcelona to announce two new signings this week
The Catalans are looking to complete two new signings by the end of the week. According to Marca, Clement Lenglet and Arthur Melo are expected to sign for the club and start the preseason at Camp Nou next week.
Lenglet’s €35 million release clause is expected to be activated in the coming days whereas Barcelona are ready to spend around €30 million on Arthur to fasten his arrival to Barcelona six months earlier than expected.
Steven N’Zonzi submits a transfer request
The Daily Mail has revealed that Steven N’Zonzi has submitted a transfer request in order to force his way out of Sevilla. He has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal and is said to be keen on a reunion with Unai Emery.
This will be N’Zonzi’s third stint in the Premier League. The Frenchman has a £35 million release clause but Sevilla are reportedly ready to accept a fee below that figure.
Rest of the world
Celtic and Rangers to fight it out for Harry Wilson
Liverpool’s talented young striker Harry Wilson is set to initiate a transfer battle between two eternal rivals. The Sun has reported that Celtic and Rangers are going head to head for the loan signing of Harry Wilson.
The teenager impressed with Hull City on loan last season. Liverpool are set to evaluate all offers for the youngster and are expected to demand a high loan fee.
FC Porto reject Lyon’s bid for Hector Herrera
Lyon’s €20 million bid for Mexican midfielder Hector Herrera has been rejected by FC Porto. O Jogo has reported that Porto are desperate to hold on to Herrera and are confident over making him signing an extension with the club. Herrera has one more year left on his current deal and has a release clause of €40 million.