Benfica 🆚Bayern Munich
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 15 of Bayern’s last 16 games .
Bayern are winless in their last three UCL games.
Bayern are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Corentin Tolisso tore his ACL at the weekend and faces a long spell on the sideline.
- Rafinha suffered ankle ligament damage in Bayern Munich’s costly 3-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen and is out for a few weeks.
- Leon Goretzka and Mats Hummels are doubts for Bayern, while Kingsley Coman is another long-term absentee.
- James Rodriguez has only made three substitute appearances this season as he continues to build his match fitness.
- Javi Martinez will start if Leon Goretzka is not fit enough to feature from the off, while the same is true of Niklas Süle in regards to Hummels.
- Benfica will be without Sébastien Corchia and Tyronne Ebuehi on Wednesday, while Eduardo Salvio, Lubomir Fejsa, Filip Krovinovic and Jonas are doubts.
- Alfa Semedo may be required in central midfield if Fejsa fails to recover from injury in time.
- Benfica have lost three of their last five Champions League home games.
- Bayern Munich are winless in their last three Champions League games.
- Bayern have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 14 away matches in the competition, a run stretching back to December 2015.
- The Bundesliga side are expected to beat Benfica but the home side should fancy their chances of scoring against Niko Kovac’s side.